Sailing my catamaran

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Iceland

Well, I made it to Iceland where a cup of coffee (unlimited refills mind you) and two croissants cost 830 crowns. I am looking out over a landscape that exudes newness - lots of rock, bare hills recently formed and little vegetation. I have been here before and walked the landscape. You step on lava flows only recently cooled and hardened. The vegetation is sparse - sedges, grasses and low shrubs. It is a fascinating vista.  As we flew in towards Keflavik getting ready to land I could see the surface of the water - swell but no white caps. There was a boat on the water, lots of lights on in the early dawn. It was probably a fishing boat. I thought of Sørlandet and how it will be to approach land, gently moving in the swells. It won't be long now.

1 comment:

  1. As it turns out 830 crowns is the same as $7.22 Canadian.

    ReplyDelete